Northern Lights Enterprises, Inc. a ZIPPO Company, is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time employment opportunity as a Product Engineer- responsible for designing and developing new products while setting and driving milestones and assisting in implementation, troubleshooting, and reviewing/modifying plans, as needed, with projects as they progress. Additionally, this position will be responsible for maintaining quality control measures and creating standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and test to ensure a high-quality product.
Primary Duties Include:
- Research, design, and develop new products. Ensure sample development works to its specification and to appropriate capacities within the production process.
- Drive and establish timelines and budgets.
- Schedule, organize, and manage all product testing. Develop organizational system in conjunction with team communication in Monday.com.
- Establish formulations, specifications, and processes to meet product performance requirements and expectations.
- Interface with manufacturing to develop production processes and standards.
- Perform chemical analysis and physical property testing of candles, additives, and accessories
- Analyze data to develop conclusions from test results. Communicate results of the analysis and research.
- Maintain testing data base, solution protocols, and provide traceability through development to the final consumer product.
- Maintain quality control measures, create standards and specifications (SOPs) for processes, facilities, products, and tests to ensure a high-quality product.
- Provide approved Bill of Materials to Planning teams.
- Initiate and manage pilot runs. Support production for initial startup and approval sign-off to initiate production.
- Provide material and process consultation to production management to ensure compliance.
- Evaluate material flow through the facility, develop improvements to safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Manage, provide training and mentorship to technical staff.
- Source and qualify material suppliers in conjunction with procurement.
- Maintain a supplier contact list to contact suppliers for technical info and guidance.
- Conduct raw material safety training as needed in conjunction with safety team.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping, organization, and waste management protocols.
- Maintain material safety data sheets for all materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, material science or other technical/science related fields.
- MS degree in a technical field will be considered as a plus, but not necessary.
- Candle Industry-specific knowledge preferred, but not required.
- Production or research environment experience is required.
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with others, especially those without a technical background.
- Supervision and management experience of direct reports is a plus.
- Exceptional problem solving, verbal and written communication, presentation, administration, record-keeping, and project management skills.
- Familiarity with process improvement methodologies is important
- Self- Starter, problem finder, with ability to execute tasks with minimal oversight.
- Advanced computer skills, knowledge and experience with typical business software programs is required, as well as, with programs that facilitate data collection and analysis.
*If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org