Outside Sales Manager
Northern Lights Enterprises, Inc. a ZIPPO Company, is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, salaried-exempt, and full remote employment opportunity as an Outside Sales Manager- responsible for leading and supporting all outside sales representatives across the country selling Northern Lights products. This role focuses on exceptional customer service and becomes the in-house expert and go-to person for rep portal, samples, and order questions for the continual growth of Northern Lights.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a strong Rep program countrywide to exceed sales dollars and assist in future company growth.
- Responsible for annual sales goals as assigned by Director of Sales
- Develop and grow relationships with Rep Principals
- Create Promotional calendar outlining product focus, promotion, and incentives
- Work closely with Product Development and / or Sales Coordinator to create promotional flyers to announce the monthly / quarterly promotions
- Evaluate Rep group performance monthly and annually, conducting monthly / quarterly meetings with each group to review performance, discuss product launches, promotions, and collect feedback
- Train all Reps on new product, includes onsite show, video, and web trainings.
- Shadow and travel with Reps on occasion
- Develop and maintain positive customer service relations with all
- Review, approve, and distribute all outside rep commissions prior to mailing on the 15th of every month
- Coordinate and process all requests for rep kits, sample kits and catalogs
- Create all rep codes for new reps/groups
- Effectively manage all administrative aspects of the role in a timely manner including but not limited to daily order entry, customer setup, maintenance of customer information, customer order tracking, etc.
- Process all sales orders via rep portal, email, fax, or call-in orders
- Work with rep customers to address credit card questions, specials, or missing information
- Be the “go to person” for both the rep portal and the rep database
- Keep Rep portals up to date with product information, removing discontinued products and adding new
- Ensure rep contact information is always up to date, adding new reps and removing terminated reps
- Exceed customer expectations through superior customer service to all
- Ensure all rep showrooms are fully stocked and displays / fixtures are up to Brand standard
- Create, execute, and track all rep show promotions
- Coordinate with accounting to pay all showroom fees and additional sponsorship fees, if applicable
- Attend trade shows as well as set up and/or tear down of booth as needed
- Always promote a positive company image in house and while traveling
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience.
- Highly organized with project management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Proven track record of achieving sales growth and delivery of results to business plan
- Natural leader with an ability to inspire performance with sales teams
- Public speaking
- Entrepreneurial and profit-oriented mindset
*If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org