Northern Lights Enterprises, Inc. a ZIPPO Company, is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time employment opportunity as a Maintenance Supervisor- responsible for leading a team of maintenance shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. A successful Maintenance Supervisor plans and assigns maintenance related work to team members and recommends improvements in equipment maintenance methods as they support manufacturing production, production equipment, operating procedures, working conditions and safety. The position requires close collaboration with, and support of, all departments in all buildings for all company owned facilities, properties, and vehicles. Additional primary functions include overall facility maintenance and capital project management.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manage departmental performance metrics: productivity, efficiency, and visual controls. Provide progress report of these performance metrics to Operations Director. Address any concerns with the support of management.
- Perform daily department start-up meetings. Start-up meetings consist of the following items, at a minimum: review daily performance metrics, safety topics, and goals for the day.
- Identify and work on department improvement projects. Present updates to management.
- Coordinate project work with contractors/vendors as required to achieve objective and maintain budget.
- Help perform accident investigations.
- Implement department priorities and make staffing adjustments, as necessary.
- Distribute printed materials to employees as directed by Operations Director and Human Resources. Collect and submit to Human Resources any documents from employees as requested. Notify Human Resources of absences and employee request for personal time off.
- Schedule and approve all department vacation requests.
- Monitor department overtime needs and schedule with approval from Operations Director.
What you’ll need:
- Associates Degree in relevant field, preferred
- 5+ years of Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred
- Any similar combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft® D365 operating system, preferred
*If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org