IT Service Desk Technician II
Zippo Manufacturing Company is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, salaried, employment opportunity as an IT Service Desk Technician II in a shared service capacity for Zippo, W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Co., and Northern Lights Enterprises, Inc. - responsible for ensuring proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated end-user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
*This role will work fully on-site at Northern Lights Enterprises, Inc. in Wellsville, NY.
Primary Duties Include:
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent recurring issues.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Document standard configurations of the Local environment.
- Deploy pre-packaged software as needed using automated deployment tools.
- Assist in software releases and rollouts according to change management best practices.
- Assist in acquisition of hardware in accordance with company policies
- Assisting in providing Level I support when request volumes are high.
- Act as an escalation point for advanced or difficult help requests.
- Build rapport with service desk customers.
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician or vendor, when required.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of servers, UPS, and Generator testing.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups with Level I Technicians as required.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Contribute to technician knowledgebase and training as needed.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate should have:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or five years of equivalent work experience
- Certification in Microsoft Administrator roles preferred
- Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including Virtualization Technologies and MAC
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10, Server 2019 back to and including Windows 2008.
- Application support experience with Bartender, Microsoft Dynamics, Adobe, and Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Active directory User and computer management, including Group Policy and Azure Active directory.
- Basic understanding of Wireless systems for both office and warehouse implementations
- Basic understanding of Network Switches, Firewalls and Routers
- Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
*If interested, please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.