Northern Lights, a Zippo Company, is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time salaried employment opportunity as an HR Manager.
The HR Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, employee relations, training, performance management, and enforcing company policies and practices. Also, the HR Manager will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a quality workforce.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR employees, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Conducts employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in human resource management
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn HRIS and talent management systems
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
*If interested in applying for this position, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org