Northern Lights Enterprises, Inc. a ZIPPO Company, is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time hourly General Repair Person B employment opportunity- responsible for performing a variety of assignments requiring a broad range of mechanical, electrical, computer, and construction skills to repair, construct, rebuild, and maintain the Company’s facilities, equipment, and machinery.
What you’ll do:
- Perform maintenance assignments within skill capabilities under the direct supervision of a higher-level repairman, lead repairman, or maintenance supervisor (jobs within the employees’ capability can be performed without direct supervision if the activity does not exceed their skills and confidence). Assignments determined on experience, apprenticeship, training, skill capabilities, and performance records.
- Read and interpret detailed drawings, blueprints, sketches, and dimensional information relating to electrical, mechanical, and facility activities. Have the ability / knowledge to use various catalogs, manuals, and procedural information to determine various specifications or requirements to perform required functions.
- Perform in a cooperative work relationship with other support personnel such as engineering, tool room, supervision, manufacturing department personnel, and outside contractors.
- Activities are performed in various locations company wide. Work performed can be conducted at various heights (below or above the plant floor), in enclosed restricted areas, and in a variety of conditions (indoors, outdoors, heat, cold, wet).
- Practice applicable safety rules in performance of duties (ex. lockout / tag out, fire, hearing, eye). Repair Persons are responsible for their own safety as well as the safety of other employees, equipment, and the facilities.
- Responsible for operational productivity, continuous improvement / suggestions, and involvement.
- Support job related operational training needs regarding existing and or new manufacturing practices / processes / technologies
- Keep machines, equipment, and work areas clean and orderly for operational and work force safety benefits, and perform any other duties related in nature that may be assigned by the supervisor.
What you’ll need:
- Trade level skill in one trade discipline and the ability to perform satisfactory work in all disciplines.
- Broad range of aptitudes in various maintenance related disciplines.
- Associate degree or vocational certificate in relevant field (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, heating, boiler system, fabrication, welding)
- Commercial/Industrial machine wiring and troubleshooting to include PLC controllers
- 2 or more years of mechanical experience within a manufacturing environment (5 years preferred)