Northern Lights Enterprises, Inc., a Zippo Company, and leading designer of luxury candles and artisan made accessories, is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time salaried opportunity as a Director of Operations – responsible for the planning, directing, and coordinating of, manufacturing and fulfillment operations for the Company, while working closely with all supporting staff. Also responsible for formulating policies, continuously improving processes and procedures, managing daily operations, training, meeting production goals and sales expectations, and assuring safety and product quality, all while managing the Manufacturing, Engineering, Maintenance, Shipping and Quality Assurance functional areas of the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the Company’s operational efficiency and effectiveness can be driven; identifies opportunities for improvement. Reviews all operating metrics and how they impact the performance and results of the manufacturing operation.
· Conveys corporate expectations to all direct reports regarding safety, production, fulfillment, and quality performance and address what will be needed to meet these goals. Establishes a positive culture and mindset in the manufacturing operations to meet company objectives.
· Carries out recommendations for the stabilization and improvement of the workforce and continuous improvement initiatives for safety, training, quality, output, and greater efficiencies in manufacturing.
· Empowers reporting managers to effectively supervise and train production employees, to direct production activities, to maintain proper manpower staffing, to monitor and improve upon production techniques/processes, to assure product quality, timely production, and enhance employee performance.
· Partners with other members of the senior management team to establish and implement short- and long-term goals, objectives and new manufacturing process improvements.
· Provides information in detail relating to justification for capital expenditures.
· Determines operational costs and prepares budgets to review, analyze, and evaluate business procedures to increase efficiencies and maximize profits.
· Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations and carryout strategic goals.
· Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain or improve morale as needed.
· Provides insight and oversight in determining proper staffing requirements; may be involved in the new employee selection process.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or another technical discipline required; Master’s degree in Engineering, Business or Organizational Management preferred
· 10+ years in a manufacturing/operations management position
· Proficiency with MS Office suite
· Knowledge of ERP/MRP; MS D365 preferred
· Highly organized and goal oriented with project management experience
· Excellent managerial, communication, and diplomacy skills
· Proven track record of supporting growth and delivery of results to business plan
· Natural leader with an ability to inspire performance at all staff levels
· Experience with being a change agent for improvements
· Committed to continuous improvement, safety, and quality
· Experience with lean manufacturing, six sigma, kanban and kaizen, continuous improvement, and/or other similar production management tools within a high-quality manufacturing facility
· Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community
*If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com