Northern Lights Enterprises, Inc. a ZIPPO Company, is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time employment opportunity as an Area Supervisor- responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment, assigning work and recommending improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions.
Primary Duties Include:
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Maintain departmental performance metrics: productivity, efficiency, reject rate, and visual controls. Provide progress report of these performance metrics to manager. Address any concerns with the support of management.
- Perform daily department start-up meetings. In this meeting review daily performance metrics, safety topics, and goals for the day.
- Identify and work on department improvement projects. Present updates at periodic supervisor meeting.
- Help perform accident investigations.
- Implement department priorities and make staffing adjustments, as necessary.
- Distribute printed materials to employees as directed by Manager and Human Resources. Collect and submit to Human Resources any documents from employees as requested. Notify Human Resources of absences and employee request for personal time off.
- Collect and submit all department vacation requests to Production Manager.
The Successful Candidate should have:
- Associates Degree in relevant field
- 3-5 years of experience in a production environment
- Any similar combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft® D365 operating system preferred
*If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org