Northern Lights Enterprises, Inc., a Zippo Company, and leading designer of luxury candles and artisan made accessories, is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time hourly opportunity in
Custodial – responsible for performing custodial duties and general industrial cleaning.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintain floors in a clean state by sweeping, scrubbing, dusting, mopping, buffing and waxing
· Ability to operate power sweeper and power scrubber
· Empty and clean trash receptacles and dumpster areas
· Mix cleaning solutions and chemicals in containers in preparation for cleaning, according to instructions
· Dust, clean or polish all hard surfaces, equipment, tables, chairs, ledges and baseboards, etc.
· Clean and sanitize all walls, urinals, toilets, fixtures and stalls in bathrooms using approved, safe methods
· Supply/restock bathrooms
· Clean or spot clean drinking fountains, mirrors and all glass
· Clean and service custodial equipment as needed
· Complete daily equipment cleaning/maintenance
· Ability to qualify for hi-lift operator’s license to handle cardboard crushing, etc.
· Perform minor repairs on furniture, buildings, and equipment
· Report any safety, sanitary, or fire hazards to the appropriate department
· Ensure grounds areas are clean and orderly
· Perform related duties or special assignments as directed
Education & Additional Eligibility Requirements:
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Previous custodial and grounds experience
· Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
· Familiar with operating, caring for, and storing custodial equipment and supplies
· Comfortable squatting, twisting, bending, and kneeling while using tools and performing custodial tasks
· Possess working knowledge of the methods, technique, and materials used in custodial work
· Ability to climb ladders and work from heights safely
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at:
Walker Business & Staffing
23 W. State Street
Wellsville, NY 14895