Department: Purchasing, Logistics, & Quality Assurance
Supervisor: Purchasing, Logistics, & Quality Coordinators
Start Date: Immediately
Assists in the operational and administrative functions as assigned by Purchasing & Logistics and QC & Testing Coordinators.
- Office experience required
- Experience in manufacturing and quality assurance
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Professional, career-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently within rigid time constraints within a team environment
- Excellent verbal communication and written documentation skills
- Must be able to communicate with diverse populations, including foreign entities
- Must have basic cost negotiation skills
- Excellent computer skills using email, Word, and spreadsheets in Excel.
- Must be able to generate and maintain project, shipping and sample timelines
- Must have the ability to shift from task to task at a fast pace
- Basic photography skills and ability to learn Photoshop, Paint, etc.
- Must be able to problem solve within a group offering on the spot insight and solutions if needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Purchasing: Reports to Purchasing & Logistics Coordinator
- Provides assistance to the Import and Domestic Buyer with daily tasks.
- Coordinate all samples
- Product photography
- Pulling samples or referencing photos for R&D to fill for customers
- Handling all Import product carton markings, master carton bar codes, inner bar codes, all collateral materials, product UPC labels, etc. Test all UPC bar codes for accuracy and functionality
- Issuance of all Domestic/Import Purchase Orders
- Sourcing raw materials
Logistics: Reports to Purchasing & Logistics Coordinator
- Provides assistance to the Logistics Coordinator with daily tasks
- Inbound freight communications with freight forwarders and customs brokers as needed
- Monitor status of all inbound shipments en route, work closely w/ forwarders & NLC warehouse to schedule container deliveries
- Book freight with forwarders to move freight from overseas to arrive in a timely manner, at the best cost
- Maintain product tariff code spreadsheet and provide to brokers and forwarders as requested. Update current database to include all domestic tariff code information
Quality Control: Reports to QC & Testing Coordinator
- Organize, maintain, and log all in-coming samples, specifications, and storage location
- Quality testing and data collection of all candles and raw materials as directed within a controlled environment.
- Setting up and testing potential/current products, data collection, and reporting.
- Must assist in Consumer/Supplier quality inspections as needed
- Must send vendor inspection reports at mid and post production to vendor
- Other duties as assigned