Northern Lights Enterprises, Inc. a ZIPPO Company, is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time employment opportunity as a Production Supervisor- responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment while planning and assigning work and recommending improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manage departmental performance metrics: productivity, efficiency, reject rate, and visual controls. Provide progress report of these performance metrics to manager. Address any concerns with the support of management.
- Perform daily department start-up meetings. In this meeting review daily performance metrics, safety topics, and goals for the day.
- Identify and work on department improvement projects. Present updates at the weekly supervisor meeting.
- Help perform accident investigations.
- Manage department priorities and make staffing adjustments, as necessary.
- Distribute payroll checks and other printed materials to employees as directed by Human Resources. Collect and submit to Human Resources any documents from employees as requested. Notify Human Resources of absences and employee request for personal time off.
- Schedule and approve all department vacation requests.
- Monitor department overtime needs and schedule with approval from Manager.
The Successful Candidate should have:
- Associates Degree in relevant field
- 3-5 years of experience in a production environment
- Any similar combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft® D365 operating system preferred
*If interested in applying for this position, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com